The China – Central and Eastern European Countries’ Tourism Coordination Centre issues a call for proposals to prepare a research paper on 'Changing Chinese Travel Trends, Digitalization and Management'.
The China – CEEC’s Tourism Coordination Centre (TCC or CEEnter) was established in Budapest in May 2014, upon the initiative of Li Keqiang, the Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of China and Viktor Orbán, the Prime Minister of Hungary. The TCC is the executive body of a joint professional platform for China and the 16 CEE countries in the field of tourism. Tourism was the first of the 6 professional platforms set up within 16+1* cooperation CEE-wise. The mutual commitment of 16+1 paved the way for professional cooperation forms between the two regions.
TCC invites you to submit your paper on the above topic outlining your latest research on:
- How Chinese travel trends have changed in the past 2 years;
- How digitalization has accelerated and changed the pre-pandemic habits;
- Whether sustainable tourism is becoming more important to Chinese travellers;
- Whether Chinese future travel plans will shift towards more intensive visits (longer stays in one country, eco-friendly travels, active tourism etc.);
- Whether safety and security considerations will become more important in outbound travel decisions.
The authors of the best 16 abstracts are going to be invited to submit a paper and present their findings at the online conference. The best papers and presentations will be awarded by prizes, based on scoring, at the conference. Wednesday, November 9, 2022 (online).
Please submit your 300-400 words abstract and other application documents by May 15, 2022. Each abstract, photo and introduction of the authors will be published in an online abstract book.
Top 16 abstracts will be selected by June 10, 2022.
Authors of selected abstracts will be notified by the CEEC’s Tourism Coordination Centre by June 15 to prepare and submit their papers.
Submission deadline of papers is September 1, 2022. The length of the submitted paper should be between 40 000 and 50 000 characters (with spaces).
Authors will be invited to attend and present their research at the November conference. Information on how to prepare for the conference will be sent by October 4.
Top 16 abstracts will be published in print on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the 16+1 cooperation mechanism.
Important: Please note that all abstracts must be submitted by the above deadline in order to proceed through the review process.
The prizes will be awarded based on scoring by the Evaluation Committee on the papers as well as the presentations at the conference. Multiple authors may be awarded by special.
1st prize: EUR 1000
2nd to 4th prizes: EUR 750
Special prize: EUR 100
- All researchers or master's/PhD students from the 16 countries of CEE, whose research focus is tourism of China.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com by the given deadline.
- 300-400 words abstract, title of the abstract and keywords;
- Introduction of the author (max 200 words), including current occupation with indicating position;
- Photo of the author.
- Opportunity for winning the EUR 1000 1st prize.
- Opportunity to present the paper at the November conference.
- All abstracts submitted will be published in an electronic format and be made available for download on the China – CEEC website.
- Top 16 papers will be published in print on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the 16+1 cooperation mechanism.